Status: IN DEVELOPMENT
Priority: Should have
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Wordpress 5.5 was released!
Update: Wordpress 5.6 will be released on 8/12. Aiming to update directly to that, skipping 5.5.
- Has builtin lazy-loading, so wait for
- Has xml sitemap support, so evaluate if our current plugin is still needed.
- Has blocks registry, so create a new action to disable it.
- Go through the field guide and see if other issues need action before upgrading. If so, open new tickets for bigger chunks of work and block this ticket.
- Check native Gutenberg blocks (eg. buttons) if work the same way.
- Test 5.6 in a test instance using a CI variable (WP_VERSION).
- When everything is ready update WP_VERSION variable at org-global context in CircleCI