Priority: Should have
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
P4 site:All sites
As a follow-up on the idea https://planet4.greenpeace.org/idea/browser-p4-push-notifications/ - we should investigate the plugin https://onesignal.com/ - which allows browser notifications.
GP Spain used this plugin in the past, getting a 4-5% conversion rate - it's free up to 30k subscribers, after that it looks like it gets expensive. It's not using popups, it's a browser thing that pops up via HTML5 I guess, and admins seems to be able to ask that question ("would you like to receive notifications" ) after people spent some time on the website, not when they first load it."
Review should include:
- full functionality matrix
- security review according to our P4 process
- price and permissions model
- GO/NO Go recommendation from a technical Point of view
- gap analysis in case we need to customise it
- eventual concerns about "non-logged in" notification-based and user privacy
This functionality could be connected to both "Challenges" and "Follow" feature..